Click the Renewing Members button below, locate your name/record, then click “Renew” to renew for the same term and category.
If you’re attempting to RENEW because you were a PRIOR MEMBER but have gone past the date on your membership card (expired), you will need to use the NEW button, and then once membership receives a confirmation letter and processes your new membership card, membership will make the change from NEW to RENEW for you in the database. As is, the database puts members into a different category once the membership expiration is met and it will not let you renew and more or less treats you as a new member.
If you wish to change terms (1-Year to 2-Year, or 2-year to 1-Year), locate your name/record, click “Renew“, then click the “Edit” button.
If you wish to change categories: Regular to Golden, Individual to 2-person, 2-person to Family, please do not use the Renewal Option. Instead, click the New Members button below, register for the new category (ignoring duplicate record warnings), then send an email to email@example.com informing us you have changed categories so we can update the database.
All brand new members should use the New Members button.
New Energy Youth Running Team
Sign your child up now for the Tidewater Strider’s New Energy Youth Running Program. We have an all inclusive running team from ages 6 – 16 and we train at various locations throughout Hampton Roads. Training is free to all club members. Click below for more information about our program:
Why be a Strider?
The Tidewater Striders is one of the largest running clubs in the United States. The Tidewater Striders promotes fitness-related activities including running, walking and multi-sport events. All levels of ability are welcomed.
The Tidewater Striders is a club for everyone – not just the elite runners. There is a place for people of all levels of fitness from the social fitness walker to the most competitive racer, as well as multi-sport participants.
The current membership is approximately 1700 individuals. Our members are not only people in the Tidewater area; we also have members that have moved throughout the US.
Membership in the Tidewater Striders includes:
- Socials, parties and FUN!
- Road Runners Club of America (RRCA) memberships for all Striders.
- Subscription to the monthly newsletter, The RUNDOWN, which, includes local and regional race schedules, race entry forms for upcoming races and events, complete race results, and informative articles on nutrition, cross training and fitness and health. The RUNDOWN was the winner of the Road Runners Club of America (RRCA) Best Publication for 1998.
- Discounts at participating area businesses.
- FREE Summer Series races. The Summer Series is a group of three runs that promote fun and camaraderie within the running/walking community.
- Weekend long runs. There is always a group meeting on Saturday and Sunday morning for the weekly long runs. This is a great way to train for that upcoming marathon and not think about how far you’ve run. These group runs are at different levels and different distances. And everyone is welcome. (There is a rumor that some of these groups will head to breakfast afterwards to replenish the energy resources.)
- The annual dues are only $20, which will pay for itself when using your club discount at local business.
- We offer a youth membership for kids 18 and under for only $12, a two person membership for $25 and family membership (3 or more family members) for only $30. Two person and family memberships have to all live at the same address.
- We offer college scholarships to Strider youth based on academic & athletic achievement and community & Strider involvement and service. $14,000 was awarded for the 2012-13 school year.
- We offer camperships to youth members to financially assist their attending cross country or running camps over the summer.
- Golden Runner membership is available for $100 per annum, which offers exceptional value as you can enter Strider club races for free:
- 3 Distance Series races in January and February
- Elizabeth River Run 10K
- Summer Series & Memorial Scholarship 5K
- Strider Mile
- Turkey Trot
- Seashore Nature Trail 50K ($40 Discount)
- Other Strider Co-Produced races at the Race Director’s discretion
Note: Early pre-registration is a requirement for Golden Runner entries. Please see individual race flyers for specific dates.
Download and print the Membership Application, fill in the details and mail TODAY!
For more information, contact Tidewater Striders Membership Chairperson Bob Brunner via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you on the road! Just keep running/walking or just having fun!