The purpose of this study is to examine the effects of ginger root on muscle soreness and function following a 40 minute downhill run. Participants will receive a free body composition exam via the Bod Pod.
To be eligible participate, you must meet the following criteria:
· Age 18-65
· Be currently running ≥10 miles per week
· Have completed at least one run >40 minutes over the past month
· Have no allergies to ginger
· Willing to avoid pain-relieving medications for the duration of the study
· Have no history of bleeding disorders nor currently taking blood thinners
· No cardiovascular, metabolic, or significant pulmonary disease
· No significant symptoms during exercise (chest pain, unusual shortness of breath)
This study is being conducted by Patrick Wilson, PhD, RD, Assistant Professor in the Department of Human Movement Sciences at Old Dominion University. If you are interested in participating or learning more, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 757-683-4783.