Introducing Elliot Nuss:
I’m a Hampton Roads local and I have been involved in sports and fitness all my life. I have played numerous team and individual sports, but found my true passion in running. I ran for Norfolk Collegiate high school and privately for Coach Bill Bernard. My collegiate running career led me to Elon University in North Carolina.
During my time at Elon University I followed my passion for fitness and graduated with a B.S. in Exercise Science. I’ve worked in gym and lab settings studying all aspects of human movement. I have worked with young athletes as well as older persons. I have continued on this path because of my love for running and desire to pass on the knowledge I have acquired.
I currently work as a personal trainer at 24/7 Fitness as well as privately across the Tidewater area. I also participate in a variety of competitions, from road races to triathlons to adventure races. My love of running and my belief that being physically active is important for overall wellness, motivates me to train others. I believe promoting youth fitness is so important to strengthening roots in our community.
Some Highlights of my Goals as Your Striders Club Coach:
• Introduce myself as the new director of New Energy and adult meet ups. Make site visits to open the line of communications among parents/coaches/volunteers. Create a smooth transition and source ideas on how to improve these programs.
• Grow the youth program’s participation and volunteer base at each site location.
• Create an open line of communication with the Board on regular progress and receive feedback about our youth program.
• Formalize adult meet ups across the Tidewater area.
• Increase social media promotion for both the New Energy program and adult meets ups
• Establish a volunteer base to assist coordinating and leading on site adult meet ups